Returned Dataset errors

I have a schema that I’ve used for testing for about a year or so, worked fine until sometime in the last few days (I think).

Here’s an example response:

{"name":"Goodwin, Bins and Moen","created_date":"6/19/2008","discount_rate":"error: undefined method new’ for BigDecimal:Class",“tx_fee”:"error: undefined method new' for BigDecimal:Class","risk_profile":"Low Volume High Risk"}]

discount_rate and tx_fee should both return decimals within a range set in the schema, which looks okay when I check it? I also got a random 500 response trying to submit a support ticket, probably unrelated but who can say :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Same for me, Mockaroo is very broken at the moment.

I also getting this error now. Was working earlier today.

error: undefined method new’ for BigDecimal:Class

I am getting this too on every Number type field when trying to generate via the API. Works fine via UI.

The error occurs when the Number field is being used and the decimal setting is greater than 0.

Thanks that does fix it but having decimals > 0 was working just fine before.

I’m also seeing this error within schema and data preview/output…Here’s some more details (if this helps the Mockaroo devs/engineers to debug)…

Data Preview (JSON):

“dataPropensities”: {
“propensityForBundledOffer”: “error: undefined method `new’ for BigDecimal:Class”

Schema Field Settings (if you look at the schema backup file, JSON):

{
“name”: “_something.dataPropensities.propensityForBundledOffer”,
“null_percentage”: 0,
“type”: “Number”,
“min”: 1,
“max”: 99,
“decimals”: 2,
“formula”: null
},

Something is really broken here – please fix soon!

I temporarily tossed Faker into my test project, it’s not as fancy or as cool but it needed to work for now :joy:

Will check at a later point on when this is resolved.

This should now be fixed. Thank you for reporting it here!

Just confirmed. Thank you so much for getting this fixed!