Retrieval Dataset by Dataset Name or Id (API)

Hey guys

I upload a new dataset using API i.e. programmatically. First question: as soon as it’s uploaded, how can I find its Dataset Id? Second question: whenever I need to retrieve it, how can I make it (either by Dataset name or by id) programmatically?

Thanks!

I too have not found a way to get the ID via API.
I would have thought it would be in the response when you upload the dataset but it is not.

Response status code: 200
Response headers: {‘Access-Control-Allow-Headers’: ‘X-Requested-With, X-Prototype-Version, Content-Type’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Methods’: ‘POST, GET, OPTIONS, PATCH, PUT, DELETE’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’: ‘*’, ‘Access-Control-Max-Age’: ‘1728000’, ‘Cache-Control’: ‘max-age=0, private, must-revalidate’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json; charset=utf-8’, ‘Date’: ‘Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:09:07 GMT’, ‘Etag’: ‘W/“c955e57777ec0d73639dca6748560d00”’, ‘Referrer-Policy’: ‘strict-origin-when-cross-origin’, ‘Server’: ‘nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)’, ‘Server-Timing’: ‘edgio_cache;desc=NONE,edgio_pop;desc=dcd,edgio_country;desc=US’, ‘Vary’: ‘Accept’, ‘X-Content-Type-Options’: ‘nosniff’, ‘X-Download-Options’: ‘noopen’, ‘X-EC-Security-Audit’: ‘403’, ‘x-edg-mr’: ‘9:0;’, ‘x-edg-version’: ‘9 9 10 NA 2023-06-08T04:20:57Z cabc17d5-bb30-49bf-b925-852263ede329’, ‘X-Frame-Options’: ‘SAMEORIGIN’, ‘X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies’: ‘none’, ‘X-Request-Id’: ‘91177521-6089-44f8-a64c-7004b2a7ee33’, ‘X-Runtime’: ‘1.401333’, ‘X-XSS-Protection’: ‘1; mode=block’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘16’}
Response text: {“success”:true}
Response content: b’{“success”:true}’
Response URL: https://api.mockaroo.com/api/datasets/DS_PERF_ITCL?client=python&key=XXXXXX
Response encoding: utf-8

Maybe I misunderstood… when the API docs say “:id”, often you can just use the name.
The only way I have seen to get the actual internal ID is when you hover over the dataset name in the GUI.
A guess at how to download: have not seen a way without first doing a generate. Generate has a way to specify a data set (at least via the GUI)
see Mockaroo - Random Data Generator and API Mocking Tool | JSON / CSV / SQL / Excel to get all the details of what, I think, you have to include. I will try to do it via API.

Let me outline the challenge from the beginning: I have 20 records of API-generated data, including field names, field types, and even some brief descriptions. What I need is to generate 1000 records using Mockaroo. Instead of converting the AI data schema to Mockaroo’s data types manually, I simply want to provide the data to Mockaroo and let them build the schema automatically.
Then I would request Mockaroo to generate 1000 records as I need