Cartesian distribution method gives odd results

I have a list of Months (12 items) and a list of Properties (51) items. I have setup my Schema to use each of these with cartesian distributions. I then am creating a random “Sales” for each Property for each month. I have set the output to 612 items (12 months * 51 Properties)
But, when I look at the CSV, I would expect to see 51 entries, one per Property, for Month 1, then 51 entries again, for Month 2.
Instead I see Month 1 shows up 50 times and then switches to Month 2. This means that the final Property doesn’t get any sales data for Month 1. This “slippage” continues, each Month. they are all used 50 times, not 51 times. And I then get 12 extras of Month 1 at the end of the list.
I tried swapping the order of Months and Properties in the Schema. The results were even worse!

1 Like

I use the Cartesian distribution often and I noticed over the past couple weeks that the cartesian outputs are very inconsistent as well. I have duplicate entries for some of the data points and other entries are missing values that should be assigned. I’ve attempted this in multiple schemas with multiple datasets and the behavior of the cartesian selection is consistently giving unfavorable results.

Can anyone provide a link to a schema that illustrates this issue? I’m having trouble reproducing it but would love to fix it!

I can provide you with a link. If I send you the public link, you won’t be able to duplicate the test set though as I’m using datasets that are created in my account. How can I create a schema with datasets that will allow you to run the schema?