How to give each item in custom list it's own value range, with each value incrementing by a specified percentage or number?

I have an array object with a custom list of three objects (fire, water, air), currently it gives me a random ‘value’ within 23-32, how can each item on the list have its own range? Also how to get each value to increment up or down by specific percentage or number? Here is what I’m working with:

Hi @eddie_nunezt on the first bit of your question, you could use hidden fields under points to generate the ranges for each type then a case formula on value to select the correct one:
case dataType when 'fire' then __firevalue when 'air' then __airvalue when 'water' then __watervalue end

On your second query:
I imagine each of your different ranges may have different rules about incrementing - you have several options, custom list, dataset, or some function based on rownumber of the points array (look at your other query - How to have timestamp using UTC with each timestamp 3 minutes apart with the latest being the current time? - for an example of that). You might need to be more specific about how they should increment.

@mp_np the first part of this works great in terms of giving each item on list its own number range. For the second part I’m just trying to increase each range by a specific number like a fixed 5 or even within a range of numbers (i.g. 1-5). Perhaps after it reaches the top of the boundary range to then decrease by that same amount?

Hi @eddie_nunezt - sounds quite a complicated requirement that would likely need a series of formulas to build it - not something I have time to look at. The easier alternative would be to create datasets that give you the sequence you want and just add the field from the dataset. Do a search on the forum - there’s loads with dataset columns, but it really is as simple as just uploading and then pointing a dataset column field to the one you want.