How to use a custom distribution type to add data to an array

I’m trying to figure out how to use the custom distribution type from a custom list to create an array of values.

I can assign the expected values to a single field as shown in this example:

Note how the single tag selected always corresponds to the category as specified in the custom distribution rules.

But when I change the tags field to an array of 1-3 items, the range of tags is selected from any of the tags, not just the subset specified in the custom distribution rules:

Is Mockaroo not setup to handle a random assignment of a subset of custom list values to an array, or is there another way to achieve the same objective?

The goal is to see this:

[{ "category": "Cafe/Bar", "tags": [ "cb4", "cb1" ] }, { "category": "Restaurant", "tags": [ "r3", "r5", "r1" ] }, { "category": "Agriculture", "tags": [ "a4", "a2" ] }]

Not this:

[{ "category": "Cafe/Bar", "tags": [ "cb4", "a5" ] }, { "category": "Restaurant", "tags": [ "a5", "m4" ] }, { "category": "Agriculture", "tags": [ "ps4", "m1" ] }]

Hi,

you just need to set “tags[3]” not [1-3], i have try to replicate the same you have attached. Please see this if its helpful for you.

If the link I have provide did not work just define tags[3] in your schema

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but I still get a random distribution of tags across all of the categories (see screenshot).

My current assumption is what I am trying to do does not exist in the app right now. It’s definitely an edge case, so I can see why it was not built, but it would be useful if it was added in as a new feature.

Hey,
I would like you to suggest one last thing, that you can use “Sequence” to let tags come in a sequence that you have defined.

Really happy to help :blush:

Nope, unfortunately that does not achieve the desired result either.

Thanks for your feedback though in any case.

Cheers…