Error code 80070103 is nothing serious, it just a common warning message that appears when you try to install a device driver which is previously installed in your PC/Laptop or the driver has a low compatibility rating than one you have already installed in your computer.
There are various ways through which you can solve the 0x80070103 problem go through the method given below to overcome the error code.
1: Try Updating Device Driver
Before uninstalling the current graphics driver, first, make sure to download the correct version of the driver that is matching the version of your operating system and system type from the manufacturer’s website. After installing the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), start your computer in safe mode. After booting your system into the safe mode, start the application which you installed.
Select the option “Clean and restart” after you launch the application. The application automatically will uninstall the currently installed drivers and then restarts your computer accordingly.
• Press Windows + R key, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and hit Enter.
• Once in the device manager, expand the category of “Display adapters”. Right-click on the device and select the “Update driver”.
• Now select “Browse my computer for driver software”. Navigate the location where you have downloaded the driver and install it by following the instructions on-screen.
After installing driver update restart your system and check whether the problem is fixed or not. If not then you can make use of Driver Booster this will help you to fix the issue in an easy way.
2: Configuring Proxy Server settings
To try this method go through the steps carefully:
• Press Windows+ R key, type “cmd” in the dialogue box and hit enter to open the command prompt
• Type netsh winhttp show proxy into the prompt and view your proxy server settings
• If you receive a message showing Direct access ( no proxy server), then Press Windows+ R key
• Type cmd in the dialogue box and press enter
• In the command prompt type sfc/sannow and press enter
• Once the scanning is completed, restart your computer.
Now, check if windows update 80070103 error problem is resolved or not.
Hope this method helped you in fixing Windows update error.
If you want more relevant methods then visit: http://www.pcerror-fix.com/resolve-windows-update-error-80070103