Error extracting data using API through a tool

I have an API that I wish to use to extract data and load into a csv or a mySQL database using a tool. However, I get the following error message. I would appreciate any assistance that I can get to past this and successfully load the data:

[ERROR] com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Thanks

I am hitting the same error - trying to call my API from a Java program. It appears to be due to a “Certificate error”, and I think the solution is to import/save the Certifcate from Mockaroo using the “keytool” utility. Can anyone please advise?

My stack trace looks like this:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=DST Root CA X3, O=Digital Signature Trust Co. is not trusted; internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error