Creating family units

I have a few questions

1. Is there a way to have the names correlate with the sex… I had a John show up as female and Ashlee show up as male.(I have seen in other messages this should work automatically but it does not appear that way).

2. Is there a way to have a series of random numbers start the same? i.e. 888-###-### or 123-###-####

3. Is there a way to leave a field blank… in my case I am creating family units with 1-3 children. Is there a way to say Child 2 has a 50% of not existing and if child 2 does exist there is a 50% of child 3 not existing.

4. Is there a way to have one field weight to match another (i.e. 80% chance of last names being the same with the mother and father and 20% chance they are different)

5. Is there a way to weight the last name being the same as one or both the parental units (50% chance they have the same name as the mother, 30% chance of the father (if it is different) , 20% chance it is totally different)

6. Is there a way to weight a certain field results… i.e. I am looking at adding a suffix to another field… suffixes are A,B,C,D,E,F with a weight going to A, then B, then C…(i.e. A=50%, B=25%, C=12%,D=6%, E=4%, F=3%)

Thank for any help with this.

So I have some of the questions answered.

1. This still seems to be bugged but it could be due to the way my schema is set up.
  2. Mark provided me with the answer… Digital Sequence as the type and the option set up just like I typed
  3. Working on this one. It appears that I can do a formula that basically says “if CHD2_FName == ‘blank’ then this == ‘blank’” but I get an error which I think correlates with the ‘blank’ … I tried ‘’, ‘blank’ and blank but still get an error.
  4. No answer on this one as of yet
  5. No answer on this one as of yet
  6. again, Mark to the rescue… Custom list then put the weighted values in the distribution panel

Noting here to help others looking to do the same thing I have been working on as I see this as a common theme elsewhere.